It’s time to pack your shoebox!
Shoeboxes and brochures with directions and gift suggestions are available in the church foyers. Boxes will be collected until Sunday, November 18th.
Shepherds for Christ Sunday School class will sponsor Samaritan’s Purse Operation Christmas Child and First Baptist will be a collection site. We have had great response to this in the past and we want to encourage everyone to get involved this year.
It’s easy to pack a shoebox full of small gifts that a child will enjoy. (Brochures are available in the foyers.) If you have questions, please see Bennie Aikman, Tom Hudlow or any member of the Shepherds for Christ class.
How to pack your shoebox…
1. Shoebox Use an empty cardboard or plastic (average size). You can wrap the box and lid separately, but wrapping is not required.
2. Boy or Girl Decide whether your gift will be for a boy or a girl, and the age category: 2-4; 5-9; or 10-14.
3. Fill with Gifts Fill the box with a variety of quality gifts that will bring delight to a child.
Suggestions: doll, stuffed animal, cars, musical instruments, puzzles, jump ropes, pencils, pens, crayons, notebooks, coloring books, toothbrushes, bar soap, washcloths, combs, socks, hats, t-shirts, flip-flops, hair bands, sunglasses, toboggan, gloves, etc.
4. Include $9 and a Shipping label A donation of $9 per box is critical to transport your gift and deliver it into the hands of a child in need.
5. Pray Ask God to use your gifts to show His love to the child who will receive your shoebox.
6. Drop off Place a rubber band around each shoebox and bring it to the Welcome Center foyer before Nov. 18.
“Every shoebox offers an opportunity to
share the Good News of Jesus Christ
with a Child.”