We are planning our Easter Egg Hunt, Wednesday, March 28th, and will be accepting donations of plastic eggs filled with candy. Collection boxes will be located in the foyers.
• Read Through the Bible: Daily Bible reading plans are available in the foyers.
• Foundations 260 (F260) reads through the Bible noting foundational truths of the Christian Faith.
• Bible Reading Plan E100: Reads through 100 stories of the Bible to get the big picture of God’s Word.
• Prayer Warrior Teams: Seven people committed to praying for seven lost or wayward people for one year.
• Bearing Fruit – What Happens When God’s People Grow: 3rd in the Growing Up series, will be the Wednesday evening discipleship study.
• Pray4TN: January 18, 7:00 pm at Brainard Baptist Church. We will leave First Baptist at 6:00 pm.
First......that all may know Jesus.
This is the motto of First Baptist Dayton, TN
taken from 1 Timothy 2:3-5.
"For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus,"
The Love Connection – Here and Now
As we come to the final chapter in the sermon series from the Epistle to the Hebrews, we are reminded that if we miss the connection between what we believe about the New Covenant in Jesus Christ and the way we live our lives from day to day - we are missing the big picture! It is great to know that Jesus Christ is the perfect Lamb of God and that His sacrifice has made it possible for us to become the children of God. But if we fail to love one another as He clearly taught us and modeled for us through His life – then we are not following Him. Our doctrine must lead us to our Christian duty! True faith demands true living.
The theme this year for the Annie Armstrong Easter Offering for the North American Mission Board is “Here and Now.” Most of us know that Jesus commanded His followers to, “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:19-20). But are we actively connected to that mission in the here and now?
Far too often a disconnect appears between what we say and do. Do we live as though Jesus Christ doesn’t really matter to us at all? What made Jesus so different from other religious leaders was whatever He said for others to do, He did Himself! Love everyone and follow Jesus here and now!
9:00 a.m. ~ Sunday School for All Ages
10:15 a.m. ~ Worship Service
6:30 p.m. ~ Worship Service
6:30 p.m. ~ Children's Choirs
6:30 p.m. ~ G.R.O.W. Outreach
6:00 p.m. ~ Prayer Meeting
6:15 p.m. ~ Children AWANA
6:30 p.m. ~ Discipleship Classes
6:30 p.m. ~ Youth: POWERHOUSE
6:45 p.m. ~ Adult Choir Practice